Wednesday, December 15, 2010

716 unites at Agnes cupcakes

CPH
20 degrees



























It's always "sunny" in copenhagen.

I am not writing this entry to quip about the weather.  What I wanted to share with you is a little encounter I had in a cupcake cafe yesterday.  First I'll explain how I ended up in said cupcake cafe. 

It is finals week here at DIS so I have had a sizable amount of work to get done.  Add that to the mild case of insomnia that has been plaguing me for the past week or so and you get... well... you get some interesting side effects.  On Tuesday I turned in my term paper and took my Environmental Economics final and by the time I was done I was feeling pretty wiped.  But when Carolyn suggested we go get cupcakes for lunch I thought 'why not? let's throw some sugar on the situation.'  And we did just that- we ate cupcakes for lunch [they were delicious, and fancy and SO sugary - everything a cupcake should be and more].  The place was really crowded so we asked if we could share a table with two men who were there drinking coffee looking very out of place amongst a predominantly cupcake-loving-female crowd.  They said yes of course and so we got to talking.  As it turns out one of the guys studied abroad in the US... in Buffalo! So we chatted about it, played the "what street do you live on?""oh I know right where that is," game.  He studied architecture at UB and so we talked about Frank Lloyd Wright's Martin House too. 

Meeting this guy was such an incredible coincidence I just had to share it.

-Allison

 

No comments:

Post a Comment