Friday, December 10, 2010

Ballet, flash mob, and a forest brewery

CPH
34 degrees, snow

Hej!
It's been a while since I've updated the ol' blog so lets get right down to it. 
A lot has happened in the last week.  It been business-as-usual at school- I am halfway done with finals just one more paper and three tests before I am home free.

I am trying to get as much Danishness into these last two weeks as I possibly can.  Here is what I have done so far.
Last week friday I went to see Sleeping Beauty (the ballet) at Det Kongelige Teater.  The whole performance was absolutely beautiful- the dancing, the costumes, the live music, the sets, you name it.  The theater is absolutely gorgeous as well.  The walls are covered in intricately carved wooden figures and moldings. And almost everything is painted gold..it is after all the king's theater.

The next stop of the night was a bit more... casual.  A flash mob in the metro!  This was the first flash mob I have ever participated in and I lurved it!  The metro car was PACKED but there was just enough space between the crowd and the ceiling for some crowd surfing ( I did not partake ).  Great, great flashmob.

On Saturday Carolyn and I headed north of the city to Ballerup in search of the Skovlyst brewery in the middle of Hareskoven forest. 





The inside of the brewery was rustic and warm.  It felt so good to step into this bright room after being outside.  Drinking beer, in a forest brewery, in a foreign country, with a great friend is an awesome memory.



No comments:

Post a Comment