Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Dorm

CPH
Weather: 69 degrees, WINDY


Hello, and welcome to Grønjords Kollegium (pronounced gronyords  co-leg-ium). What a stylish building!





Here it is, room 6218.  Are you excited to go further? Good, here we go.



















Cozy, but dim.  I set my camera to "nightscene" for these pictures.
I know the Danes are all about ambient lighting but jeeze a Japanese lantern just isn't going to cut it, I'm sorry.



Watts aside, I do like the room.  It does everything I need it to do.











Let's keep going.

I now understand why bathrooms in Europe are called water closets.




























So there you have it.  Grønjords.  
I have to admit that it did fall a tad short of my expectations of a classic,old, european building with vines growing up brick walls, etc, etc.  But, I am getting on board one day at a time.

Across the street from from G-jords is DR (Denmark Radio), the public radio and television headquarters and concert hall.  The buildings were designed by Jean Nouvel and even though they are not located on what I would call "prime" real estate, they are pretty awesome.    





























DR Concert Hall



DR Headquarters



So there you have it, the hood.  Jealous?

Peace out

-Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment