Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Theme: Danes

CPH
66 degrees, WINDY, scattered showers

Just a quick update:


Today I met a bunch of my hall mates with whom I share a kitchen.  My next door neighbor, Anders, is a sociology student and a pianist.  He has been playing piano since he was three years old, so twenty years at least.  I can hear him practice and I'll just say this- the man knows how to plays the damn piano.  I had a very nice dinner with him and four others (whose name I either cannot spell or remember) talking about school and watching "Friends" and "CSI".  Other US tv shows they like? The OC, and Sex and the City.

Earlier in the day I saw two extreme samples from the Danish population.  The first was a woman, a model, who was doing a fashion shoot in an archway near my metro stop.  The epitome of copenhagen glamour and style.  Then I got on the metro and things got real.  A woman, witch/sorcerer/babayaga, also got on the metro.  She came running onto the train and sat down across from me.  Sister was high out of her mind.  About 20 seconds after she sat, she was asleep on her knees.  She remained in the seated, fetal position until the train stopped which sent her running down the train again.  An interesting comparison to be sure.  


till the next
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment