Monday, November 1, 2010

Barcelona

BARCELONA
66 degrees, sunny!

FINALLY
some sun!

I set off this morning at 5:00am from Copenhagen.  I could not have been happier to be traveling to more temperate climates as I walked through rain and fog to catch my train to the airport.  By 7:30 we were taxing down the runway WOOHOO.  25 minutes later- we are heading back to copenhagen because we don't have enough fuel to get to Barcelona.  WHAT?! COME ON.  A little more gas, and an engine check later we were back in the air.
Barcelona was worth the wait.





























I took this picture on La Rambla, which is the big walking street in the middle of the city which leads to the water.





























There were lots of cool things to see on and around La Rambla.  For example, there was a stand selling..... wait for it... chipmunks. yup



Cool!

There are also tons of amazing buildings lining both sides of the street.  




I am here with five other girls and we had a great time walking around today.  We stopped into a little bar right off the street for mojitos and then went to dinner.  On the menu - tapas.

I am a big fan of tapas.  Its like having six different mini dinners all at once a la six dinner sid.  

More soon.

Adios
-Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment