Thursday, November 4, 2010

Barcelona: Day 3

Barcelona
71 degrees, sunny

Carolyn and I decided that today we were going to wander around Montjuic and that's as far as the planning went...

Montjuic is a park with the mediterranean to the south and the city to the north.  The park is essentially a small mountain and so has truly spectacular views of the city.  This is definitely one of my favorite spots in the whole city.

The first building we came across in Montjuic is the National art museum, which is massive.  And gorgeous.
National Art Museum of Catalunya

View from the steps of the Nat'l art museum
From the museum, we climbed a bit higher into the park and came across the '92 olympic stadium.


Olympic stadium

Inside the olympic stadium

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed walking around in the olympic park.  You can really go wrong in a place like that on a day like today.

Outside on Montjuic Carolyn and I decide to check out the architecture scene.  Well it was more like we came across it unintentionally.  Nonetheless! we came across it and that is all that matters.  Before I show you the main attraction I will show you the building next to it.


I don't know anything at all about this building but I am guessing that when it was built people probably though it was really neat and different.  And then Antonio Gaudi shows up and drops the proverbial modern-architecture hammer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment