Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Field Study to Aarstiderne Farm

CPH
44 degrees, cloudy

Hello all,
My first post since my glorious return to Denmark.  Just kidding- it wasn't glorious what with all the turbulence on the flight back, and the overpowering wind tossing us around as we stepped off the plane onto the tarmac.  Cool Denmark, really cool.  Haha get it? Cool?  Right well anyways... I'm back!

Today is wednesday and you know what that means- field study!

With my Environmental Economics class, I headed up towards Helsinør to Aarstiderne Farm which is an organic farm that is in the business of delivering boxes of vegetables and fruit to households all over Denmark and Sweden.

The buildings and the grounds of Aarstiderne are quite beautiful.




 I loved this yellow barn, the inside was full of hay and seemed like a pretty good place to live if I were, say, a farm animal.


Inside of the barn
This is the farmhouse where most of the administrative and public events take place.  There is a meeting room, a farm shop, and a kitchen where the "field to stomach" mantra of Aarstiderne takes shape.



We took a short walk around the fields and then headed into the farmhouse for a quick presentation on the business and some hot coffee.
Today was pretty chilly so I decided to embrace one of the Danes' wardrobe tricks- I tucked my pants into my socks and friends it was shockingly comfortable not to mention trendy as hell (in Denmark at least).  In fact, I'm rocking the tuck right now and frankly I may never go back to wearing my pants outside my sock...
Fashion snobs beware, I am bringing this to America so get all the judgement out of your system now.

till the next,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment